Manage PTO Accruals and Balances, Online Vacation Request/Approval, Customizable Formulas and Events, Email Notifications, more!
Tracking Paid Time Off and employee attendance is important! Allowing or tolerating PTO abuse is a common mistake among businesses, and one that costs you money! Every extra day that is taken costs your company hundreds of dollars in direct labor costs. Tracking and managing PTO, when left to managers' discretion, is error prone, time consuming, cumbersome, and often ignored. But you already know this, or you wouldn't be here…
TrackStar Time Off Software is a comprehensive and affordable employee attendance software system for managing and tracking Paid Time Off for employees. With the software, managing PTO is fast, easy and accurate. The system is 100% web based, and can be deployed as an in-house solution, or hosted by Internal Systems. Either way, all you need is a browser to run the software!
Time Off Tracking for the Enterprise
To fit the needs of the broadest range of customers, TrackStar Time Off software is available in two editions. The Enterprise Edition is used by employees and managers alike, to enter Time Off requests, check balances, and to review PTO history. Approval of Time Off requests are performed online, with email notifications send when requests are pending. The system can be used to manage time off for small workgroups, or for the entire enterprise.
Time Off Tracking for Small Businesses
The Small Business Edition offers many of the Enterprise features, but is used centrally by a manager or administrator to enter time for employees, rather than employees entering it themselves. This solution is available for ASP deployment only, but is aggressively priced to fit the budgets of small companies or departments. To learn more about the Small Business product, click PTO for Small Business.
The TrackStar Time Off module can be used as a standalone solution, or can be integrated into a more robust Time, Expense and Project Tracking system. ISC makes it easy to add additional modules or users later. A link at the bottom of this page will take you to other product description pages.
The sections that follow describe features of the TrackStar Time Off module, and show sample screens to help you understand its' capabilities.
- Getting Started
- Scheduled Time Off
- Building a Time Off Request
- Time Off Calendar
- Balance Calculations
- Management Approvals
- Unscheduled Time Off
- Leave Management
- Making Balance Adjustments
- Formula Builder
- Time Off Analyzer
- Email Notifications
- Calendar Integration
- Administration Tools
- Outstanding Support
- Software Attributes and Features
- Common Features, Benefits, Licensing
- Time Off Software Pricing
- Next Steps
You access TrackStar by clicking on a browser link. The system provides multiple levels of security and encryption, so your data is safe and secure.
Each employee logs on to TrackStar using their unique ID and password. Once signed on, a menu system is presented that reflects the capabilities that have been granted each user. Though simple to use, multiple levels of help are provided to assist users if needed.
Scheduled Time Off
Employees use the Time Off Request tool to request time off. The tool keeps a history of requests, and shows the approval status and detailed information. A permanent record of requests is kept for each employee, so they can see when requests were made, approved, denied, or other pertinent facts.
Employees can check their balance, and check for department conflicts before entering requests for time off.
Building a Time Off Request
Building a Time Off Request couldn't be simpler. Employees specify the type of request, and select the dates using a point-and-click interface that is intuitive and simple to learn. Once a request has been built, it is sent to management for approval and processing.
The software supports many system preferences, such as one to prevent requests on weekends. Also, company holidays, when entered through the holiday setup tool, are automatically reserved. These customizable points make it easy to tailor TrackStar to fit your organization perfectly!
TrackStar is a global solution, and supports deployment to multiple countries with different cultures. Tools are provided to setup accrual rules and events specific to a country or group.
Balance displays can be tailored for various groups, and support is included for Spanish language (other languages being developed).
Time Off Calendar
Often managers need to know who will be in (or out) for a specific period, such as Thanksgiving holidays, or other times when many employees are requesting time off. TrackStar provides forms to check for conflicts, and to display employees who have requested time off in a selected month. Managers use this to determine if adequate employee coverage is available for selected dates.
The system calculates and maintains balances on multiple accounts or categories that you setup. Employees and managers use the system to display balances online. The balance form includes historical information, showing every credit or debit to the balance. The system also supports balance adjustments, which can be used to make adjustments when needed.
The balance form is configurable at installation time. You can choose from numerous "buckets" that are maintained on each account, such as Current Balance, Year End Balance, etc. You can choose to display information in hours or days, and choose various other totals for display.
When employees request time off, the system routes the request to their manager (or optionally others) for approval. Managers are informed of pending requests via email and then review requests online and make approval decisions. From the approval form, they can check the employees balance, check for conflicts with other employees, and then approve or reject the request with one button click. If configured, the system will send an email notification to the request originator, indicating the approval status of their request.
Approving multiple requests is fast and easy, through use of the scroll arrows provided. A manager can accomplish all approvals in one session, with a minimum of effort!
Unscheduled Time Off
It is often useful to enter time taken that was not scheduled in advance. For example, if an employee calls in sick, you would want to track the event by entering unscheduled time off. TrackStar allows for entry of unscheduled time by administrators and managers who have the proper security. Once time has been entered, a permanent record is created and balances are adjusted.
Time can be entered as a full or half day, or by system preference, in hours. Time entered using this form does not need approval. The information immediately affects employee balances when entered.
Extended leaves are another type of time off. The system supports tracking of extended leaves, such as Military leave or FMLA, by entering the start and end dates of the leave period. During leaves, you may choose to suspend accruals of PTO earnings, as defined by your company policy.
TrackStar is a comprehensive Time Off Tracking application, and includes features not found in many competitive products!
Making Balance Adjustments
It is sometimes necessary to make adjustments to employee balances when special events occur. For example, if an employee worked a regularly scheduled company holiday, you might compensate them by giving them an extra day of vacation time.
The adjustment tool can be used for this purpose, as well as handling other similar events that require balance adjustments.
The system includes a formula builder, which is used to define your company policies in the system. Once defined, the system tracks accruals for the defined events such as PTO, Vacation, Sick, etc. You are free to define as many events as needed to implement your policy. Also, you may define different accrual rules or formulas, and assign them to employees as needed. For example, a Standard Policy might grant 10 days per year for the first 5 years of employment. An Executive policy might grant 15 days over the same period. You use the system to create the policies, and then link the policy to employees. This extremely flexible and adaptable solution can be tailored to your business rules without programming!
Time Off Analyzer
The Time Off Analyzer is used to display time taken by employees in a graphical form. This view can be helpful in spotting trends, such as repeated absenteeism.
Each cell in the form is color coded to represent the type of time off. In the example shown, orange indicates company holidays, while blue represents PTO. You are able to select any color scheme you desire.
TrackStar integrates with your existing email system to keep managers informed. Whenever approvals are submitted, managers can receive email messages indicating an approval is required.
The email includes a quick link to TrackStar, making it easy to logon and perform approvals.
You can optionally enable "Approvals by Email" so that the approval can be done without logging in to TrackStar. This feature is often used with mobile devices.
TrackStar integrates with Outlook (and other compliant calendar systems) to indicate time when subordinates will be out of the office. This interface is optional and can be enabled by each manager. When managers approve Time Off Requests, an email entry is sent to their calendar, which they accept using the meeting interface. Reminders are supported as well, so managers will always know when people are out.
Numerous reports are included in the Paid Time Off Tracking module to assist managers and administrators in tracking balances, and various other statistics. All Time Off reports can be exported to Excel, and can be further distributed, manipulated, or archived. Also, all reports can be scheduled to run on planned intervals, and are delivered via email to specified recipients.
In the event that a special view of the data is needed, TrackStar includes a report writer that you can use to develop reports. User defined reports are automatically integrated with the system, and appear in menus as standard reports do. ISC also offers customization services, if you prefer to contract for custom reports.
The Time Off system includes administration tools to help you configure and tailor the system. Using these, you load and maintain employee, department, and various other data tables in the system.
A scheduling tool is also included that can be used to generate background jobs or tasks, such as data extracts and reports. For example, you can setup a job so that balance information is automatically sent to your payroll vendor monthly.
Define your company's organizational
|Employee Maintenance||Maintain the employees who use the software.|
|Holiday Maintenance||Define your company holidays.|
|Balance Maintenance||Enter starting balances for Time Off "accounts".|
|Event Maintenance||Define Time Off Events.|
|Formula Maintenance||Define your business rules related to accruals.|
|Report Maintenance||Create custom Time Off reports.|
|Schedule Maintenance||Setup Time Off jobs to run at preset intervals.|
|System Preferences Maintenance||Setup operational preferences for the Time Off system.|
|Security Maintenance||Define employee access to the time off system functions.|
|User Code Maintenance||Define coded fields for choice lists.|
|User Field Maintenance||Define custom fields to extend TrackStar to tailor the Time Off system.|
ISC provides world-class support for its Time Off software. When you have a question or problem, our US based staff provides the answers you need, when you need them.
For hosted customers, the support fees are built-in to the monthly fee, including updates, bug fixes, and periodic enhancements. For in-house customers, our support plan is required in the first year and optional thereafter.
|ASP Support - Included with ASP plan.|
|Annual Support - Offered to in-house customers.|
|Per-Incident Support - Provides support on a per-call basis.|
|Training Services - Administrative training for TrackStar.|
Paid Time Off Software Attributes
- 100% web based software.
- Available as an in-house solution or as an ASP (SaaS) service.
- Customizable through preference settings.
- Scalability from a few users to thousands of users.
- Comprehensive, affordable time off tracking solution.
- Point-and-click interface makes learning easy.
- Simple wizard based implementation, virtually maintenance free.
Paid Time Off Software Features
- Supports entry of scheduled and unscheduled time off.
- Supports multiple events, such as Vacation, Sick, Choice Time, or PTO.
- Calculates balances for one or many events.
- Handles different work days and accrual formulas automatically.
- Handles multiple holiday lists, multiple event lists, and multiple balance formats. Highly customizable!
- Customizable routing for approvals, notifications, etc.
- Calculates earnings or accruals based upon your company's business rules.
- Provides tools for entering point-in-time adjustments to balances.
- Provides tools for managing leaves, such as FMLA.
- Provides tools to detect and warn when employee PTO conflicts arise, which would affect coverage.
- Provides numerous built-in reports and graphs (69 standard reports and graphs included).
- Includes a report writer you use to generate your own custom reports.
- Provides a full suite of administration tools for system setup and ongoing maintenance.
- Supports data extract in popular formats for interfacing with other systems (Payroll, HRIS, etc.).
- Supports approvals via email (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, etc.)
- Interfaces with your email system to notify managers and employees of requests and approvals.
- Interfaces with your Outlook calendar.
- Supports Spanish language for employee functions.
Features Common to all TrackStar Modules
- Ability to schedule jobs to run at pre-defined intervals (send reports, emails, etc.)
- Ability to automatically synchronize employee information with external systems.
- Ability to link to Active Directory for single logon.
- Supports multiple cultures.
- Supports multiple web browsers (PC, Mac, iPad, Smartphones).
- TrackStar is built using the latest Microsoft .Net technology. For in-house installs, it requires a Windows based server, with IIS and SQL Server. For ASP installs, the only thing required is a browser!
- Eliminates overpayment of PTO or employee abuse. The system pays for itself!
- Know exactly what employee PTO balances are, and have a complete audit trail of how balances are derived.
- Know your PTO Liability.
- 100% web based. Nothing to install or purchase. Just load and go!
- TrackStar Enterprise is used by employees and managers alike. Employees make requests for time off online. Requests are approved by managers online. The Enterprise solution is offered as an in-house solution, or as an ASP (Hosted) solution.
- PTO Small Business is used by administrators (or HR managers) to enter PTO data for their employees. This low-cost solution is offered only as an ASP.
Time Off Software Pricing
TrackStar Time Off software is priced on a per Active user basis. An active user is one who has been entered in to the system and has the ability to log on. Employees who are terminated can be marked inactive making their license reusable.
A few administrative licenses are needed to perform setup and maintenance for the Time Off system. Administrative licenses are priced separately from Time Off licenses.
|Time Off Users||Admin Users||
|>1000||Please call!||Please Call!|
Prices based on 12 month committment term. Setup fees start at $250. Multiple training options are also provided.
In-house price includes first year annual support.
Please see price quotes for the Small Business product by following the link:
PTO for Small Business
- Fill out an information request form by following the Request Information link. A sales representative will contact you and can provide additional information, and pricing specific to your configuration.
- Request a demonstration so you can experience TrackStar first hand. ISC will guide you through the system, and point out its features and capabilities.
- Confirm configuration, pricing and obtain approvals.
- Review and execute our standard ASP or License agreement.
- Begin using TrackStar!
Learn about ISC
Learn about other ISC Products
Visit ISC's home page
ISC makes getting started fast and easy. A complete planning guide is provided to assist you with your data collection and policy definition tasks. Once information has been gathered, you use the administration functions of TrackStar to enter/import data. Excel templates are provided to help you organize your data and to simplify import. You can be up-and-running in a few days!